Entropia Universe offers several means of transportation. To travel from one place to another, on the same planet, either walk, run, swim, use a teleporter, a Mindforce Teleportation Chip or use a vehicle.
If you want to visit another planet you have to fly through space using a space capable vehicle. Note that some flying vehicles like the Sleipnir series might need a Space Thruster attachment.
Tip! Additionally, on the planets you can always press T (default button) and in 60 seconds you are transported to nearby revival terminal.
Travelling by Foot
Depending on your preferences and your current activities you might want to use different controls for moving around by foot. Some of these controls are presented below, divided in aim and cursor mode.
Tip! Use left Alt (default key) to switch between aim and cursor mode.
Either only use the keyboard shortcut commands, as described in Command Mappings, or combine keyboard shortcut commands and moving the mouse in the direction you want to go.
Use the keyboard shortcut commands, as described in Command Mappings.
Using a Mindforce Teleportation Chip
Mindforce teleportation chips allows your avatar to travel within the radius of the chip used. More advanced chips even let you teleport directly to an estate you have.
Travelling in Vehicles
There are several types of vehicles in Entropia Universe: cars, helicopters, VTOLs, boats, hovercrafts and spacecrafts. Each have different features and functions; most can be armed, some are airborne, some can fly into space and so on.
To read more about how to fly space ships, see the Space Guide.
If you want to use a vehicle you have in your Inventory this is how you do:
- Open your Inventory (default key I) and find the vehicle you want to use.
- Spawn the vehicle by either double clicking its icon, right click its icon and select "Place" or simply drag the icon out to the ground.
- Place the vehicle on flat-enough terrain; indicated by the green or red placing icon.
- If needed, add oil to fuel the vehicle using the Refuel option
- Double click the vehicle or press F when focusing on it to take a seat in it (Operate it).
You can use teleporters to quickly travel over large distances. Some teleporters ara available to all newcomers. Others needs to be discovered by other means of traveling to become available in the teleporter UI.
You can teleport between available teleporters on each planet, from space to planets and between some teleporters located on different planets within the same planetary system:
- Crystal Palace and Planet Calypso
- F.O.M.A Fortuna and Planet Calypso
- Hell and ROCKtropia
- Ancient Greece and Next Island
- Arkadia Underground and Planet Arkadia
This is how you teleport:
- Focus on a teleporter and press F or double click on it. This opens the Navigator interface.
- Select location from the list of possible destinations on the left side of the Navigator.
- Click the teleport button in the bottom of the Navigator to start teleporting. In a few seconds you will arrive at the selected destination.