On May 25th, 2018, new European Union legislation regarding personal data handling goes into effect. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the old rules and defines how companies must handle personal data and the privacy of individuals.
Here is a quick summary of the changes:
- We are not asking to collect more data, or to use the data we collect any differently than in the past.
- We are being more transparent and specific on how we collect and utilize customer data.
- We are adding information on your ability to access and control the data we have collected related to your Entropia Universe account.
You are entitled to certain rights that affect the processing and handling of your personal data. For example, you have the right to confirm whether or not we shall process personal data concerning you, as well as the right to object to data processing for marketing purposes.
We process your personal data mainly for the following purposes:
- to provide the Entropia Universe service to your device;
- to manage your user account;
- to communicate with Entropia Universe participants, for example via the chat interface;
- to process transactions in Entropia Universe;
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations and decisions as required by public authorities;
- to send Entropia Universe-related newsletters.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, or if you otherwise wish to contact us regarding your personal data, please log in to your account on the official Entropia Universe website and submit a support case under the ‘Account’ category.
All details can be found on our Rules & Policies web page: