The Desktop - the graphical display of Entropia Universe on your computer screen - displays several default shortcut icons, the Main Chat, some Status Information and the Radar.
In the lower right corner of the Desktop you can see the Radar. Above it you can see which planet you are located on and your position in longitude and latitude. The Radar shows some entities as colored points:
- Green - Other avatars.
- Red - Creatures and mobs. These are in general more or less dangerous to you.
- Blue - Teleporters.
- Orange - In-game characters. For example, they can provide you with quests or missions.
Note: There are certain areas where a jam signal disrupts the Radar receiver, for example, in PvP areas.
The icons below the Radar indicates some status information about the area you are in or near. They can be green, orange or red. They are described from left to right:
- PvP zone - Indicates if you are in a PvP zone (red), near a PvP zone (orange) or if you are in a non-PvP zone (green).
- Toxic zone - Indicates if you are in a toxic zone (red), near a toxic zone (orange) or if you are in a toxic-free zone (green).
- Vehicles allowed in the area - Indicates if vehicles are not allowed in the area you are in (red), if you are close to an area where they are not allowed (orange) or if they are allowed in the area (green).
- Allowed in the area - Indicates if you are not allowed in the area you are in (red), if you are close to an area where you are not allowed (orange) or if you are allowed in the area (green).
At the bottom to the left of the Radar you have a resize icon: left click this icon, hold the mouse button down and drag the mouse to resize the Radar window.
Between the Main Chat and the Radar you find some status information: your avatar name, health bar, PED balance on PED Card, if you have a tool in your hand and some info about that tool.
The Main Chat is located in the lower left corner of the Desktop. It is possible to move the window and resize it. The colorful buttons in the lower left corner are used to filter chat messages (society chat, team chat, etc.). You can also control some basic voice chat options from here.
Chat Channels and Icons
You can select one or several channels to read in and one channel to write in. By default, all read channels are selected and the local write channel is selected. You are able to read and write in the channels that are currently available to you. Availability depends on your current activities and which groups and events you are participating in.
If you choose to only read in specific channels, you will only see those messages and your messages will only be seen in the write channel you have selected.
Use the icons on the top row to filter on which channels to read and use the icons on the bottom row to filter on which channels to write in.
The Main Chat channel icons are described from left to right:
- White - Read local chat messages / Write to local chat channel (Command to send message to local channel: /l or /local).
Local chat is within your radar range.
- Grey - Read trade channel messages / Write to trade channel (Command to send message to trade channel: /tr or /trade).
Reserved exclusively for trading messages, with the same range as local chat.
- Ligth Blue - Read society messages / Write to society channel (Command to send message to society channel: /s or /soc).
Chat between society members.
- Turquoise - Read team messages / Write to team channel (Command to send message to team channel: /t or /team).
Chat between team members, no matter of location.
- Cerise - Read event messages / Write to event channel (Command to send message to event channel: /e or /event).
Chat between participants in an event. This only works within the event area of the active event you are participating in.
- Yellow - Read force messages / Write to force chat channel (Command to send message to force channel: /f or /force).
Chat between participants within a force.
- Purple - Read globals. Messages about various participant achievements.
These messages are sent automatically from Entropia Universe.
- Green - Read skill messages. Messages about your own skill achievements. These messages are sent automatically from Entropia Universe.
- Orange - Read damage messages. Messages about how much damage you receive or inflict during combat or hunting.
These messages are sent automatically from Entropia Universe
- Pink - Read all other messages; other messages, such as, which friends are online, object status and more.
These messages are sent automatically from Entropia Universe.
Tip! To show which commands that are available in the Main Chat use the command /?.
Voice Chat Icons
The Voice Chat icons are described from left to right and from top to bottom:
- Loudspeaker - Toggle between mute and unmute for proximity chat.
- Microphone - Toggle between mute and unmute for your outgoing sound.
- Volume icon - Indicates your speaking volume and also functions as a button, which opens the Options UI for Voice Chat settings.
Main Chat Bottom Right Icons
At the bottom to the right of the Main Chat window, there are three icons providing extra information and options.
These chat icons are described from left to right:
- Question mark - Information and tutorial messages. A flashing icon indicates a message is waiting. Click the icon to read the message.
- Speech bubble - Open typing field. Clicking this icon enables writing in the Main Chat window (same as pressing Enter).
- Resize icon - Resize the chat window by left clicking this button, hold the mouse button down and drag the mouse to resize the chat window.
Top Left Icons
The top left icons are described from left to right:
- Handling Keyboard Panel: Use this icon to edit keyboard panel, view help window for keyboard panel, change current keyboard panel, throw away desktop icons, etc.
- Item Info: Select portable item to view details about and click this icon.
- Operate: Select item to interact with and click this icon.
- Pick Up: Select item to pick up and click this icon.
- Private Chat: Select avatar to chat privately with and click this icon.
- Add As Friend: Select avatar to add as friend and click this icon.
- Private Trade: Select avatar to trade privately with and click this icon.
- Follow: Select avatar to follow and click this icon.
- Team: Click this icon to display and manage team settings.
Top Right Icons
The top right icons are described from left to right:
- Event List: Opens the global event list (local to each planet).
- Start Chat: Activates Main Chat typing field (same as pressing Return). Leave chat by pressing Esc.
- Tutorials: Presents short text tutorials in different areas, for example, Avatar Interaction, Movement and Inventory. Available tutorials are triggered by what you have seen and experienced.
- Message Center: Opens inbox with messages from other avatars or notices about land area rules, taxes, and so on.
- EU Transfer Center: Handles real-money transactions (to deposit or withdraw PED).
- Hall of Fame: Opens the Hall of Fame (HOF). The HOF records entries with high loot values.
- Professions: Shows information about your professions within Combat, Manufacturing, Mining, MindForce and Miscellaneous.
- Skills: Shows your agility in several categories, for example, Mining, Construction and Tailoring.
- Friends List: Lists all the friends you have added. Through this interface you can reach the Communicator interface where you can subscribe to Voice Chat services.
- Map: Opens the map of the planet you are currently visiting.
- Inventory: Opens Inventory to view all items you currently carry.
- Action Library: Opens a collection of shortcuts to all actions you can perform and all information you can view, for example, showing emotions, moving around, viewing market value history or open Inventory.
- Main Options Menu: Opens menu to adjust options for control and graphics, keyboard panel settings and to log out.
- Edit Panel: Opens keyboard panel for editing.
- Mouse Help: Opens a help window for handling the mouse buttons and mouse scroll.